"I took a deep breath and slipped inside as quiet as a piece of silk. On the hall landing gold-streaked mirrors reflected my lurking image over and over. A small crystal chandelier glittered above me. I heard a gasping sound, stepped toward the living room and stopped dead…"– Hold a Scorpion
- New York Journal of Books says, "Hold a Scorpion, the latest in a line of perfectly crafted thrillers featuring Diana Poole…" Read the review.
- "Sharp dialogue. Engaging mystery with likable characters. Definitely add Melodie Johnson-Howe's Hold a Scorpion to your reading list." - Read David Crammer's review at CriminalElement.com.
- See Melodie's interview with The Mercury News.
- Check out upcoming events.
- Read "A Conversation with Melodie Johnson Howe".
Video: Melodie talks about writing and Hollywood
"City of Mirrors is slick and smart with a 'Chinatown' vibe, only funnier and with an insider's view of Hollywood, a place that 'has the attention span of a coked-up executive producer,' a place where people live in ‘Technicolor’ and then 'fade to black.'"– The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel